Utah Tech University


The Motor Pool division of Facility Management operates a pool of vehicles to rent at economical rates to individuals authorized to travel on official University or State government business.

The Motor Pool serves Utah Tech University and other State agencies with a commitment to:

  • Exceptional customer service
  • Providing courteous, timely and cost-effective service
  • Safe, efficient, and cost-effective vehicles

Authorized Driver Setup

Learn More

Vehicle Rental

Request Vehicle

UT Division of Fleet Operations


What are the rental sizes and rates?

  • Sedan and Small SUV 1-5 passengers- .60¢ per mile
  • Minivan 4 to 7 passenger – .60¢ per mile
  • Suburban 7 to 9 passenger – .85¢ per mile
  • Transit 10 to 12 passenger – .85¢ per mile

Per day use charged if under $25.00 by mileage

What is required to drive / rent a vehicle?

  • Every person operating any vehicle for UT business will need to complete the State of Utah Defensive Drivers Training and/or Large Capacity Passenger Van Training.
  • DDT is required to operate 5-7-9 passenger vehicles.
  • LCPV is required to operate State approved 12 passenger vehicles. Only available for Faculty or Staff over 21 years of age.
  • No student under the age of 21 may operate a 9 or 12 passenger vehicle.
  • See authorized driver setup for further instruction.

How do I reserve a vehicle?

  • Once certified you can reserve a UT vehicle by filling out the online form.
  • Incomplete paperwork will not processed and vehicles are not held.
  • See Vehicle Rental for further instructions.
  • Additional questions can be answered by calling Facilities Management, 652-7550.

Where do I get gas?

You can search for State approved fuel sites on Fuelman.com prior to departure.

Who do I contact if I have fueling problems?

Contact the State at (801) 538-3440 or Andrew Best (435)652-7559 or (435)773-1942

Can I bring my family, spouse or pets?

Transporting family, friends, pets or other persons who are not state employees or are not serving the interest of the state is considered unauthorized use of Utah Tech Fleet or State rentals.

What if I need to pick up or drop off after hours?

  • There is no vehicle pickup available after regular business hours. Departures before 8 a.m. will need to be picked before 4:30 p.m. the day prior.
  • Contact Fleet Manager Andrew Best (435)652-7559 to discuss alternative arrangements if needed.
  • To drop after business hours park vehicle in Parking Lot J in front of Facilities. Lock the signed trip ticket and book in vehicle. Return the keys to the key drop box located in the fence gate.

What do I do if I have a mechanical breakdown?

  • For UT owned vehicles (vehicle ID number starts with DC) please contact the Fleet Manager at (435)652-7559 or (435)773-1942.
  • For State owned vehicles (vehicle ID number starts with FO) please contact State of Utah Vehicle Service Center (855)358-8824 and Andrew Best (435) 652-7559 or (435)773-1942 to notify of the breakdown.
  • Call State Travel if you need a vehicle to return to the campus at (801)739-7018 or Andrew Best (435) 652-7559 or (435)773.1942

What do I do if I have an accident?

  • Contact the local authorities
  • There is an accident packet in the glove box with information and phone numbers
  • An accident report must be submitted within 24 hours in all of the following instances: A Vehicle vs. Vehicle, Vehicle vs. an Animal or Person, A Vehicle vs. an Object, Vandalism, Any incidents when occurrence of damage is UNKNOWN.
  • Call Sate Travel if you need a vehicle to return to the campus at (801)739-7018 or Andrew Best (435) 652-7559 or (435)773-1942

Does the University cover citations?

State vehicle operators are responsible for the payment of fines for any moving and non-moving traffic citations. Under no circumstances will the citation be paid by Utah Tech University


Dan Sartain

Fleet Manager

Email: dan.sartain@utahtech.edu

Phone: 435-652-7559

Office: 225 S. 700 E.
Facilities Management Bldg.
St. George, UT 84770